Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas 2006

Has this been a quick year or what?
Honestly....it is hard to fathom that this year is nearly gone.
In many ways it feels as if only a couple of months have past. This is a sure sign of growing old, or so I hear.

This Christmas found my wife slaving away on Christmas day at her job, and me trying to recouperate from 3 fiendishly long days as Santa at a local hotel (read last years comments for the details of what it is like being Santa).
The girls were up before the chickens and tore into their booty like the little love pirates they are.

Grace got a classical guitar and Joy got her stuffed animals of characters from the Lilo and Stitch movie, Angel and Skrump.
If you ask me, Skrump looks like a voodoo doll, but hey, I am not going to ruin the moment for Joy!
They also got a lot of clothes and couple of DVDs, new boots, jump ropes, etc...
Santa was pretty generous this year.
Wifey got a Bree (German made) leather bag that cost a small fortune but made her happy, and that makes me happy! I got a MP3 recorder for recording live music and I am too a happy camper. Seems that we all had a good Christmas....and look forward to resting in the new year.

My wife will no doubt start her open the windows-toss out my stuff, stuff soon...but I am thankful that I got a headstart on it today AND that the weather is unusually mild.
She can't freeze me out this time!

Blessings abound and in the middle of it there is still hardship. W's mom was diagnosed with liver cancer 3 weeks ago and is going to have to get a kidney transplant early in January. W's sister is donating a portion of hers. This will extend mom's life by 15 years of more, if successful.
Both will need extensive rest time after the operation too.
Your prayers are needed.

What else? I look out at the world, I see the machinations of the Bush regime trying to find pretext for war with Iran, oil companies making record profits, and Christ being taken out of Christmas.

I think we all need to take a long vacation. We need to spend time with our loved ones. We need to stop thinking about what we want to get, and give of ourselves and love a lot more.

Take time to take time. Forgive your enemies and yourself.

Start fresh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home