Sunday, October 08, 2006

Is this really a blog if you don't write often?

Several months have passed..wondering if any of you guys are even reading this anymore?
Getting too caught up with daily life, care for the family and my own selfish pursuits are but a few of the big reasons.

Lets see, the brief update:

Since my last cyber-missive, I have had the opportunity to go to the US for a month and play my horn at big band camp, reunite with 2 of my old band members in Boston (Johnny One Note- see previous entry for details about those guys), see the family and my neice get married, and generally get a good reality adjustment. After spending a few weeks back home, for the first time in a VERY long time, I am considering employment there, or at least somewhere else off this golden sushi archipelago.

Before I left for the US my father nearly bought the farm with renal failure. They put him on dialysis, and miraculously, he came off of it! he had to stay in the hospital over a month.

After my trip to the US, I came back to start a new school year. Things have gone pretty well this first 6 weeks, and I am enjoying work more than I ever thought I could. Compared to last years stress-0-rama, this year is a cakewalk.

Meanwhile, Dad was hospitalized with near heart failure. This put him in for 3 weeks. He has been out almost 2 weeks now and is doing ok, but as can probably be seen by all reading,he is not doing well overall....

Wifey is studying and working like a dog. The company owns her soul, evidently and we are looking for a different job for the spring for her. Hopefully the Lord will open a door by then. I am in charge of dinners during the weekdays and she does the breakfasts.
I always liked cooking!

I have given the heave-ho to my salsa band and my big band...the former rather gladly and the latter rather reluctantly. I am forming a band with professionals so that we will not have to deal with people who cannot really play their instruments, bozos, ego-maniacs and can enjoy our efforts to the fullest. So far I have landed a Japanese bassist who studied at Berklee, a pro pianist/percussionist who is from the US and a vocalist from the Phillipines. Need one or two more people to make it complete.

What else?

Tomorrow is a national holiday in Japan and I plan on taking a....HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Let me hear from you!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you father gets well soon.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Khan said...

Thanks for saying so. He is doing a loit better now!

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home