Wednesday, December 14, 2005

FIRST post.....

Today my oldest and very innocent daughter (8) was dragged into a fray on the playground. A big boy, who is a bully (and I believe slightly retarded-hereafter to be called "mongo") had been picking on her friend and my daughter's friend decided that she should get a small gang together and go beat mongo up. She dragged my daughter along....

They did. Not seriously at all mind you, but enough that I don't think mongo will be terrorizing them anymore.

So where does that leave me?

Well, I am not happy about my daughter being in a group that kicked a bully's butt. I would probably have been ok with it if it had been her against the bully....but I am left in the dubious position that I shouldn't condone any violence (even if a kid has it coming). This kid, mongo, REALLY had it coming.

So we have given her the non-violence lecture, she wrote apology letters to her teacher and mongo.

How do I teach my kids to turn away from violence, but not be doormats?
(Rhetorical question here....)


*******

Next, who really will read this blog? I can not even begin to imagine...let me know who you are.
As I progress, I will be adding pix and links....etc....

And as cap'n Kirk once screamed in a fit of over-acting,

Khan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home